Professional Ethics and Values in Teaching and Educational Leadership
Not currently available.
The following list indicates indicative course content:
- Introduction to the field of professional ethics
- An introduction to metaethical theory concerning the evaluation of moral action
- Moral theories such as situation ethics, agent-based ethics and action-based ethics relevant to educational practice
- The psychology of morality
- The ethics of belief
- Notions of moral agency
- Ethical issues such as those concerning the roles of the teacher in the modern context of high accountability
- Critical analysis of existing codes of ethics
- Ethical communication and negotiation of difference.