Conducting Teacher Research in Early Childhood Education
In this course participants learn about contemporary and emerging qualitative research approaches to inquire into a professional issue of their choice. The course includes the opportunity to design and implement a small scale early childhood investigation using qualitative methods such as researching with children, participatory action research, community development as research, or visual research methods. The project is based on a critical review of the literature conducted in EDUC6264. This course enables participants to engage with the idea of becoming a teacher researcher and provides them with the theoretical and practical tools to do that. There will be also opportunity to practice that in the course with the mentoring of the lecturer.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Investigate a selected research method in depth and apply it to a workplace-based project focused on teacher change.
2. Study processes and practices suitable for teacher led research.
3. Investigate an issue in the workplace.
4. Write a professional publication suitable for potential publication.
The following list indicates indicative course content:
- Writing a research question.
- Selecting a research method.
- Designing and implementing a teacher change project.
- Data collection.
- Data analysis.
- Dissemination of research for a public audience.
Proposal / Plan: Essays/Written Assignments - Research Plan
Report: Reports - Project findings
Integrated Learning Session
Online 26 hour(s) per Term