Teaching the Digital Generation
To provide students with the opportunity to explore ways in which ICT can be transformative in terms of student learning. Students will also be given the opportunity to develop skills in the project based implementations of ICT technology.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Gain an understanding of project based learning in relation to ICT;
2. Broad overview of the use of specific ICT applications;
3. Understand the ICT needs of students in modern educational contexts; and
4. Develop meaningful learning experiences which utilize ICT in effective ways.
The following list indicates indicative course content:
- Investigating and Experimenting Technologies;
- Constructing a technologically mediated learning environment;
- Educational use of laptops in 1:1 classroom environment;
- Project and Inquiry Based Learning;
- Instructional strategies & ICT;
- ICT-Focused Project;
- Laptops; Robotics;
- Digital Natives and the Knowledge Economy;
- Hacking Cultures;
- Gaming Cultures;
- Digital Divide;
- Learning in New Times;
- Net generation.
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC6040. Students who have successfully completed EDUC6040 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC6240.
Online Learning Activity: Online contributions
Written Assignment: Unit of Work & Discussion paper
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Equivalent of 2 hours per week for Weblearn students.