Critical Reflection in Special Education Settings
This course provides students with knowledge about the use of critical reflection in their workplace as a tool to improve their professional practice. Students will be familiarised with contemporary literature on critical reflection, will apply components of this literature to their work practice, and will compare and contrast examples of critical reflection in a variety of special education and disability service settings.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Identify and discuss the principal features of critical reflection in workplace environments;
2. Apply the important features of critical reflection to a present or past professional experience;
3. Develop personal professional goals and to evaluate the extent of their achievement.
Topics will include:
- Defining critical reflection
- Critical reflection and other forms of learning
- Levels of reflection
- Using critical reflection tools
- Critical reflection in special education and disability service settings
Essay: Essays/Written Assignments - Personal Professional Goals
Online Learning Activity: Discussion Board Participation
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments - Ideology Review
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term