Boys and Literacies
|Course code EDUC6153||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
Current information on boys and literacies in Australia and internationally will be examined. Boys' reading preferences and habits and literacy results will be investigated. The course will involve a discussion of boys learning styles in literacy and a range of reading approaches and programs will be reviewed. There will be a discussion of multi-literacies and approaches including computer literacies, visual literacies and the use of a range of technologies will be critically examined. Students will be encouraged to develop/implement strategies and programs to successfully engage boys in literacies.
Not available in 2015
|Previously offered in 2014|
|Objectives||1. Examine evidence of boys literacy achievements and preferences|
2. Discuss range of literacies
3. Examine apporaches and strategies to literacies that engage boys
|Content||1. Recent national and international evidence of boys literacy achievements and preferences.|
2. Information on current definitions and scope of literacies and literacy programs and approaches
3. Critical review of current literacy programs and approaches
4. Case studies of programs and approaches to literacies that engage boys.
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : Paper Based|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|