Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004
Students will focus on the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values and attitudes related to the Stage 6 Physics, USC program. They will in addition consider standards-based assessment and the way it impacts on school internal USC evaluation schemes.
|Objectives||On satisfactory completion of this course students should be able to:
- Develop planning skills required for effective sequencing of USC learning experiences, taking into account issues related to curriculum knowledge, student destination and effective classroom management strategies;
- Planning, delivering and evaluating more complex physics lessons;
- Develop assessment of student learning appropriate for USC Physics.
- Interpret school programs in relation to the Stage 6 USC Physics syllabus;
- Develop the skills to research the content strands of the Physics syllabus and design units of work.
|Content||* Critical examination of all aspects of the design, implementation and assessment of the New Stage 6 Physics syllabus.
* Critical awareness of the resources available to support the implementation of the senior syllabi.
* Knowledge of current and past policies and educational research which informs the evaluation of and modification of aspects of syllabus design and implementation.
* Awareness of current issues related to the NSW Board of Studies Higher School Certificate Examinations, with specific reference to the Physics and related curricula.
* Knowledge and understanding of what makes an effective educational resource (traditional and IT oriented).
* Knowledge of principles of standards based evaluation and its implementation in a 1-ISC Physics context.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term