Integrated Fieldwork Studies
This course introduces students to Teaching within the secondary mathematics classroom and requires students to complete a fifteen day practicum within a secondary school. Students are expected to critically reflect on their teaching giving consideration to their personal philosophy of teaching.
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. plan a series of lessons within the context of a unit of work that would meet the needs of a class of secondary students;
2. apply concepts and methods related to models of teaching and learning such as the Quality Teaching Model;
3. deliver a series of lessons within a secondary school that meets the needs of a variety of students; and
4. critically reflect on their teaching with consideration given to models of learning, teaching and development.
- Working within the structure of the K-12 Syllabus in NSW
- Theories of teaching and learning including the Quality Teaching Model
- Application of a lesson design and unit of work
- Role and value of their subject area in society, with applications to teaching in a secondary context
- Common issues related to secondary schooling
- Critically reflecting on educative practice.
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term