Available in 2013
|Fairfield High School||Semester 2|
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
This course introduces students to Teaching within the secondary mathematics classroom and requires students to complete a fifteen day practicum within a secondary school. Students are expected to critically reflect on their teaching giving consideration to their personal philosophy of teaching.
|Objectives||On satisfactory completion of this course students should be able to:
- Plan a series of lessons within the context of a unit of work that would meet the needs of a class of secondary students
- Apply concepts and methods related to models of teaching and learning such as the Quality Teaching Model
- Deliver a series of lesson within a secondary school that meets the needs of a variety of students
- Critically reflect on their teaching with consideration given to models of learning, teaching and development.
|Content||- Working within the structure of the K-12 Syllabus in NSW
- Theories of teaching and learning including the Quality Teaching Model
- Application of a lesson design and unit of work
- Role and value of their subject area in society, with applications to teaching in a secondary context
- Common issues related to secondary schooling
- Critically reflecting on educative practice.
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Email Discussion Group
Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EDUC6109|