Mathematics Curriculum Studies 5
Available in 2013
|Fairfield High School||Semester 2|
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
This course introduces students to the key concepts underlying a deep understanding of statistical methods of data analysis and probability leading to an appreciation of variability and related distributions of measure. The course will also examine current related pedagogical models within the field of secondary mathematics including communicating with students and parents.
|Objectives||On satisfactory completion of this course students should be able to:
- understand the key concepts related to methods of data collection
- understand the key concepts related to methods of data analysis and display
- appreciate the mathematical knowledge and beliefs that learners bring to a learning task
- understand the relationship between statistical analysis and probability
- apply a range of strategies for teaching secondary mathematics
- recognise the common misconceptions that students may have in regard to the mathematical content covered.
|Content||- Methods of data collection and analysis
- The uses of technology in data anlaysis and display
- The relationship between statistical analysis and probability
- common misconceptions related to the mathematical content
- Methods of communicating with students and parents.
|Modes of Delivery||Distance Learning : IT Based
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EDUC6106|