Mathematics Curriculum Studies 5
This course introduces students to the key concepts underlying a deep understanding of statistical methods of data analysis and probability leading to an appreciation of variability and related distributions of measure. The course will also examine current related pedagogical models within the field of secondary mathematics including communicating with students and parents.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. understand the key concepts related to methods of data collection;
2. understand the key concepts related to methods of data analysis and display;
3. appreciate the mathematical knowledge and beliefs that learners bring to a learning task;
4. understand the relationship between statistical analysis and probability;
5. apply a range of strategies for teaching secondary mathematics; and
6. recognise the common misconceptions that students may have about the mathematical content covered.
- Methods of data collection and analysis
- The uses of technology in data analysis and display
- The relationship between statistical analysis and probability
- common misconceptions related to the mathematical content
- Methods of communicating with students and parents.
In Term Test: Examination - 5 Components
Written Assignment: Assignment - Statistical Significance and Survey Design
Online Learning Activity: Blackboard Discussion Task
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term