Current Issues in Special Education
|Course code EDUC6090||Units 10||Level 6000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
Introduces some of the issues which have been the topic of discussion, debate and research in Special Education in recent years. Among issues dealt with will be the nature of special education, inclusion, supporting a variety of needs, and collaborating with family and professionals. Students will be provided with readings and will be expected to prepare at least one paper which reflects an in-depth study of one of the topics being treated.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||1. stimulates critical analysis of current issues in special education|
2. develop critical writing skills
3. provides students with the opportunity to explore an area of interest
|Content||1. What is special education?|
2. Abuse, discrimination and rights.
3. Preventing special needs.
5. Approaches to behaviour problems.
6. Teacher quality and accountability.
7. Collaboration with others.
9. Supporting diverse needs.
|Modes of Delivery||External Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Self Directed Learning|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EDUC6090|