Provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory, research and implementation protocols which support the design and evaluation of communication interventions for individuals with moderate or severe disability.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Stimulate critical analysis of and discussion about aspects of theory, research and practical communication support for people with disabilities
2. Provide a framework for you to use the evidence base in communication intervention to support a person you work or interact with
- Key concepts and definitions in communication intervention
- Teaching strategies
- Evaluation processes
- Communication and challenging behaviour
- Perspectives on theory, research and practice: future directions
Two years of relevant professional experience and/or a relevant graduate qualification
Written Assignment: Assessment and Programming
Written Assignment: Instruction and Evaluation
Self-Directed 26 hour(s) per Term
Equivalent 2hrs per week face to face.