Available in 2012
|WebLearn GradSchool||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory, research and implementation protocols which support the design and evaluation of communication interventions for individuals with moderate or severe disability.
The course aims to:
- stimulate critical analysis of and discussion about aspects of theory, research and practical communication support for people with disabilities,
- provide a framework for you to use the evidence base in communication intervention to support a person you work or interact with.
- Key concepts and definitions in communication intervention
- Teaching strategies
- Evaluation processes
- Communication and challenging behaviour
- Perspectives on theory, research and practice: future directions
Two years of relevant professional experience and/or a relevant graduate qualification
Modes of Delivery
Self Directed Learning
Self Directed Learning: for 26 hour(s) per Term for Full Term