Using Resources in Behaviour Problems
Introduces the range of approaches to managing individual student behaviour needs including evaluating individual behaviour plans, dealing with comorbid behaviours, and addressing academic and social needs.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Examine both human and material resources involved in the provision of quality interventions in the field of emotional disturbance and behaviour disorders; and To be able to evaluate effective positive behaviour programs.
The course addresses research and practice in the areas of:
- evaluating individual behaviour plans
- alternate approaches to managing and self-management including direct instruction, cognitive, metacognitive and cooperative learning methods.
- comorbid behaviours
- addressing behaviours arising from communication difficulties due to autism, intellectual disability or sensory impairment
- using augmentive and assistive communication strategies
- developing effective research skills in behaviour and emotional disturbance
Two years of relevant professional experience and/or a relevant graduate qualification
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Scenario/PBL Exercises 1
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Scenario/PBL Exercises 2
Written Assignment: Essays/Written Assignments
Self-Directed 26 hour(s) per Term
Equivalent 2hrs per week face to face.