Assessment, Programming and Intervention in Behaviour Problems
Explores the importance of a sound approach to implementing any behaviour change program. The need for adequate and appropriate data gathering as a basis for planning a behaviour support procedure will be examined, followed by systematic implementation with both ongoing and review evaluation. The course is based on a programming model of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. to examine issues involved in assessment, programming and implementation in the field of emotional disturbance and behaviour disorders.
The course provides research and practice in the areas of:
- use of specific screening and assessment devices and the development of assessment profiles.
- the development of programs including the writing of case programs and casework.
- the development and implementation of specific behaviour support plans to meet specific student needs.
- the use of safety and risk assessments, and crisis management.
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Scenario/PBL Exercises
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Equivalent 2hrs per week face to face.