Curriculum and Programming in Gifted Education
Considers ways in which curriculum goals and objectives are combined to construct and implement curricula for the gifted in both mixed ability and specialist classes. Issues will include the effects of teaching and learning within and across Key Learning Areas and methods of challenging students through a variety of strategies including accelerated learning.
Not currently available.
1. Have an understanding of the relationship between gifted education and curriculum design.
2. Be able to design appropriate program sequences to meet the needs of gifted students.
3. Be able to develop a teaching sequence within a curriculum area that demonstrates application of best practice in teaching of the gifted.
- Curriculum influences within Key Learning Areas
- The role of teaching-learning in a classroom for the gifted and talented
- Adapting the instructional cycle of assessment, planning, instruction and evaluation for gifted and talented students
- Practical work of curriculum design, implementation and evaluation which challenges the gifted student
Written Assignment: Analytical Profile
Written Assignment: Curriculum Package
Written Assignment: Program Design