Disability Support and Services - Mngt and Eval
Provides an overview of the philosophical basis for disability services, the legislation associated with the provision of disability services, and the implications of both of these for the management and evaluation of disability services.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical principles that underpin services to people with a disability,
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the legislative framework and social policy that directly and indirectly impacts on services to people with a disability,
3. Identify a variety of ways in which these principles, policies and legislation influence the provision of services to people with a disability, and
4. Discuss a range of issues and practices in the effective management and evaluation of disability services.
- Social justice
- Normalisation, inclusion, and quality of life
- Person centred planning
- Economic rationalism
- Professional ethics
- International legislation and policy
- Australian legislation and policy
- Legislation and policy - privacy and confidentiality
- Management and service quality including complaints and accountability
Two years relevant professional experience.
Online Learning Activity: Online Discussion
Written Assignment: Ideological Critique
Written Assignment: Critical Analysis
Self-Directed 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Equivalent of 2 hours per week, face to face