VET Practicum 2
|Course code EDUC4707||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
VET Practicum 2 gives the opportunity to practically apply learning theory to practice in a classroom, workshop or other learning environments, extending the knowledge and skills achieved during VET Practicum 1. You will also be involved in a mentoring process with your observing assessors (OA) who are experienced teacher / trainers. The OA will give you positive and constructive feedback and discuss new opportunities for learning applications. This process will be combined with a range of structured and reflective activities.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005|
|Objectives||Students should be able to: |
1. demonstrate an in depth understanding of the role of the teacher as a professional;
2. analyse class context and identify special needs;
3. demonstrate the ability to plan, implement, manage, assess and evaluate teaching and learning in discrete lessons;
4. demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with students peers and colleague teachers;
5. demonstrate an in depth understanding of teachers' work in vocational education and training systems; and
6. demonstrate the ability to critically reflect and analyse on their own practice.
|Content||VET Practicum 2 will involve completing a range of assessment tasks plus a minimum of two observations.|
The observation time gives an opportunity to inquire, experiment and reflect on the subtleties and complexities of the classroom, workshop or other learning environment.
As a teacher / trainer / facilitator you will develop through the tasks and observations:
1. personal attributes and collaborative skills valued by the profession (eg respect for learners, team work, innovation, flexibility, self reflection)
2. knowledge and skills in planning for learning
3. knowledge and skills in establishing and maintaining appropriate learning environments, assessments and feedback strategies to support learning
4. holistic understanding of learning communities
|Assumed Knowledge||VET Practicum 1|
|Modes of Delivery||External Mode|
Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
|Contact Hours||Practicum: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 14 hour(s) per Term for Full Term