Extended Studies in Science 2
This course deepens students' understanding of the principles and practices of teaching and learning in secondary schools within the Science KLA. It will place particular emphasis on the Prescribed Focus Areas that characterise BofS syllabi, implementation of NSW Environmental Education Policy documents and learner research projects. The course will examine appropriate teaching and assessment strategies for the implementation of these syllabus components in the classroom, laboratory and field.
- Semester 1 - 2016
1. Develop learning experiences for environmental science, including excursions, using a range of strategies, technologies and resources;
2. Designing appropriate research projects for Stage 4/5 and 6 Science students; and
3. Apply appropriate teaching and assessment strategies for implementing Science syllabus requirements in the classroom, laboratory and field.
- Pupil research in Secondary Science
- Prescribed focus areas in NSW science
- Excursions in Secondary Science
- Values and ethics in science
EDUC1101, EDUC2052, EDUC3052 and EDUC2152
Written Assignment: Pupil Research Documentation
Written Assignment: Excursion Documentation
Face to Face On Campus 8 hour(s) per Term
Face to Face On Campus 16 hour(s) per Term