Extended Studies in Mathematics 2
|Course code EDUC4105||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course explores the principles and practices of teaching and learning Stage 6 Mathematics in secondary schools. It will place particular emphasis on contemporary policies, issues and standards in mathematics, both national and international, as they apply to the NSW secondary senior mathematics curriculum. Specific attention will be given to innovative research-informed teaching and assessment strategies for the Mathematics classroom.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will have the capacity to:|
* Develop lesson plans, programs and assessment tasks for Stage 6 Mathematics, using a range of strategies, technologies and resources.
* Interpret the course and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate for Mathematics.
* Discuss policies, issues, standards and trends, both national and international, related to the teaching of Mathematics in schools.
* Engage in research-informed teaching of Mathematics.
|Content||* Lesson planning, programming and assessment for Stage 6 Mathematics.|
* Course and assessment requirements of the NSW Higher School Certificate for Mathematics.
* Current policies, issues, standards and trends, both national and international, related to the teaching of Mathematics in schools.
* Strategies, technologies and resources for teaching and assessing Stage 6 Mathematics.
* Current research into Mathematics teaching and its implications for pedagogical practice.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks|
Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks
Integrated Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC4105|