Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Enables students to develop an understanding of the effective teaching foundations, curriculum development and how they relate to PD/H/PE. Students will undertake curriculum planning, analysis of problems, strategies and current issues that impact upon the PD/H/PE curriculum.
Through participation in this course students will demonstrate:
1. skills and understanding of emergency care in schools
2. understanding of the role and type of sport models implemented in schools
3. understanding of the legal issues and requirements for sports in schools
4.understanding of curriculum options and alternate instructional approaches in teaching games in PDHPE in schools
5. specific knowledge and strategies to teach sensitive issues in PDHPE
6. knowledge and understanding of content endorsed courses in PDHPE
7. understanding of contemporary issues related to teaching PDHPE in schools.
In this course students will be required to undertake group and collaborative learning to develop students' interactive working techniques and enhance understanding of course content.
- Curriculum options in PDHPE - CEC in PDHPE
- Dealing with sensitive issues in PDHPE
- Approaches for teaching drug education, child protection and mental health in PDHPE
- State and regional sport organisation
- School sport policies and legal issues
- School sport organisation - organisation, policies and legal issues
- Carnival organisation in schools
- Alternate approaches to teaching games in PDHPE
- Contemporary issues in teaching PDHPE in schools
- Emergency care procedures and certificate
EDUC2025,2026,3153,or equivalent subjects.
Modes of Delivery
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term