Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Enables students to develop an understanding of post-compulsory PD/H/PE subjects offered in NSW schools. Students will understand the scope, content, teaching strategies, assessment, planning and resources required to effectively implement and teach PD/H/PE in year 11-12.
|Objectives||Through participation in this subject students will demonstrate:
1. a strong and developing knowledge and understanding of the role of Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PD/H/PE) in the post compulsory school curriculum Year 11-12.
2. an understanding of the rationale, policies and syllabuses in Stage 6 PD/H/PE for Yr 11 & 12.
3. skills in and understanding of the knowledge the nature, sources and application of learning and information resources and technology in post compulsory stage 6 PD/H/PE.
4. develop an understanding of the HSC requirements for Stage 6 PD/H/PE.
5. development of increasing competence in the assessment, reporting and evaluation procedures in post compulsory Stage 6 PD/H/PE.
6. an understanding of learning and teaching as preparation of students for lifelong learning and for developing and upgrading skills in a range of occupational categories including vocational opportunities.
In this course students will be required to undertake group and collaborative learning to develop students' interactive working techniques and enhance understanding of course content.
|Content||1. Curriculum overview of PD/H/PE in the senior school
2. 2Unit PD/H/PE - rationale, course and module structure
3. The PD/H/PE Stage 6, course methodology and key competencies
4. Implementative considerations, planning and parameters for a school program
5. Designing a scope and sequence for 2Unit PD/H/PE
6. Core and Option areas and support resources
7. Assessment scheme and task design
8. 2Unit community and Family Studies - rationale, aims and outcomes overview.
9. Programming Life Management Studies
10. Core and Option areas and support resources
11. Research methodologies for community and family studies
12. Assessing the course and IRP
13. 1/2Unit Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation Studies - rationale, aims and outcomes overview
14. Stage 6 Crossroads Course - Content and implementation methods preposition
15. Other post compulsory curriculum options in PD/H/PE KLA
16 HSC examination preparation strategies for students of PD/H/PE Stage 6 courses
|Assumed Knowledge||EDUC2025, EDUC2026 and EDUC3513 or equivalent courses.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term