|Course code EDUC4072||Units 20||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
Requires the student to undertake 50 days of school based experience. The Intern will be responsible for up to 2/3 of the colleague teacher's teaching load. In addition Interns will be expected to interact within the school and its community. This course is only available to students enroled in teacher education programs who have completed 270cp of their approved program including two practicums, prior to semester of enrolment in EDUC4072.
Note that from 2008 onwards, the internship will only be available in Semester 2, unless a Semester 1 internship is part of the student's advertised program.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||After successfully completing EDUC4072 Internship students should be able to:|
1. demonstrate a detailed understanding of the role of the teacher as a professional;
2. analyse community, school and class contexts and identify the need for planning;
3. demonstrate the ability to plan, implement, manage, assess and evaluate teaching and learning in both short and long term in multiple contexts within the environment of the school;
4. demonstrate the ability to communicate with students, colleague teacher, school staff and community members;
5.demonstrate a detailed understanding of teachers' work in school systems; and
6. demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on their own practice.
|Content||Interns develop a professional development plan across the Internship which will assist their development as a beginning teacher. This plan will be guided by the individual needs of the Intern and the context in which they are working. The focus for development is the 8 areas of teaching competence listed as assessment criteria.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Practicum: for 400 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 2 weeks