Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Extends students' skills and knowledge in the areas of the senior Industrial Technology syllabus and the Design and Technology syllabus. Students will be required to create projects and design working programs in the focus syllabus areas. Students are required to extend their knowledge and application of set workshop competencies in line with Workplace Health and Safety guidelines.
|Objectives||Students should have:
* identified the compulsory requirements of the Industrial technology syllabus.
* demonstrated skills in material manipulation in the chosen area of specialisation.
* utilise workshop equipment appropriate to both the project and school context.
* produce an artefact in line with the requirements of the Industrial Technology syllabus.
* investigate the contrasts and syllabus similarities of the Design and Technology syllabus and the Industrial Technology syllabus.
* design a unit of work for the selected technological area.
* participate in practical experiences and prototype explorations relating to the specified materials and related technology.
* demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to correct workshop safety procedures.
|Content||* The production of an artefact in a collaborative workshop learning environment which facilitates the acquisition of skills in an identified area of technological studies.
* Extended exploration into a specifically identified material and their related forming/joining methods and applied technology usage.
* Production and documentation of the creation of a specific project (Planning, managing and recording).
* Cognitive demands underlying learning.
* Designing associated learning experiences.
|Assumed Knowledge||Candidates must have a degree or recognised equivalent qualifications with content suitable for the mandatory requirements for a Technology and Applied Studies (TAS) teacher.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 7 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Workshop: for 24 hour(s) per Term for Full Term