Literacies Across the Primary Curriculum
|Course code EDUC4057||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course builds upon previous studies of Primary Key Learning Areas, to develop an understanding of literacy as a socio-cultural phenomenon that develops through all knowledge contexts.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||Students will develop:|
- understanding of multiliteracies the cross curricular opportunities for literacy learning in K-6 contexts;
- pedagogical skills (assessing, planning and implementing) in designing learning programs for multiliteracies across the curriculum in K-6 contexts.
|Content||1. The role of multiple literacies in learning in the primary school;|
2. Assesment and Reporting for learning;
3. Planning for Rich learning;
4. Planning for Differences.
|Assumed Knowledge||EDUC2030 - Teaching and Learning in English K-6|
EDUC2031 - Teaching and Learning in Maths K-6
EDUC3142 - Professional Exp Inclusive Settings
EDUC3145 - Teaching and Learning in Primary
EDUC3034 - Teaching and Learning in PD/H/PE & S&T
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|