Training, Learning and Assessment in Vocational Ed
|Course code EDUC4038||Units 10||Level 4000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
Designed for teacher trainees seeking accreditation to teach vocational education courses in secondary schools, and meets relevant industry and Department of Education and Training requirements. This course will enable participants to plan, deliver and evaluate competency-based training and assessment strategies within their vocational area. It also provides an orientation to relevant school curriculum and industry endorsed competency standards. Classes may be offered at Callaghan, Wollongong, Bossley Park and Central Coast Campuses in accordance with program shedules.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||Students should be able to:|
1. Prepare, deliver and review a learning activity for school-based or work-based learning in the students' vocational area of expertise;
2. Plan, conduct and review a competency based assessment strategy or event for school or work-based training in his/her area of expertise;
3.Demonstrate knowledge of NSW Vocational Curricula.
|Content||1. Overview of the National Training Framework;|
2. Overview of Vocational Education and Training (VET), and 'VET in Schools';
3. Training and learning in the workplace/vocational context;
4. Assessing in the workplace and school environments (competency-based;
5.Designing assessment tools and events;
6.Planning, managing and coordinating training, learning and assessment activities (school-based and/or work-based);
7.Monitoring and reviewing the training and assessment process;
8.Managing work placements;
9.Interpreting relevant school-based syllabus;
10. Interpreting relevant industry-endorsed competency standards.
|Assumed Knowledge||This course allows participants to draw on, and transfer, the knowledge and skills gained through previous teaching and training courses into a vocational, competency-based education and training framework. |
Applicants may apply for partial credit( up to 65%)in this subject if they have successfully completed Certificate IV Work Place Training and Assessment. Students must then complete Assessment Task 1 to meet outcomes in this subject not met within Certificate 4.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term