Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Students will extend their application of movement principles and develop skill competencies across a range of core physical activities. Specifically, students may examine invasion games, fitness or volleyball. A limited range of electives involving aquatics, recreational activities and football may be offered.
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to demonstrate:
- competent motor skills related to a range of physical activities;
- knowledge of the rules and tactics that apply to a range of team sports and recreational activities;
- an understanding of relevant safety requirements and the application of injury-preventing physical activities;
- capacity to apply appropriate coaching/teaching strategies to particular sports.
|Content||Major physical strands may include:
- invasion games (netball or basketball);
- fitness or volleyball;
- recreation or aquatics or football.
Specific content will be listed in the respective practical strand outlines.
|Replacing Course(s)||HUBS4501 PE Studies 7 which replaced HUBS2510 PE Kinetics 2B and HUBS3504 PE Kinetics 3 (Strand A). The program changes are needed to meet the Senate ruling eliminating 5 unit and 15 unit courses.|
|Transition||Transitional Arrangements will be managed on a case by case basis according to the needs of the student.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|