Specialist Studies in Senior PDHPE
|Course code EDUC3203||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course allows students to research and consider the role and value of Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PD/H/PE) in contemporary society and the broader curriculum. Students will explore the principles and practices of teaching and learning in post-compulsory PD/H/PE, experience planning and programming for Stage 6 PD/H/PE, Community and Family Studies (CAFS), Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation (SLR), PD/H/PE Life Skills as well as Crossroads courses. Students will also explore course assessment requirements of the Higher School Certificate for Stage 6 PD/H/PE; and information technologies and resources for teaching and assessing senior students.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:|
1) demonstrate a strong and developing knowledge and understanding of the role of PD/H/PE in the post compulsory school curriculum (Year 11-12);
2) demonstrate an understanding of the rationale, content and policies related to Stage 6 PD/H/PE, CAFS, SLR and Life Skills syllabi as well as the Crossroads senior course;
3) demonstrate skills in, and show knowledge of, the nature, sources and application of information technology resources for the senior syllabi being studied in this course;
4) develop an understanding of the HSC requirements for Stage 6 syllabi studied in this course
5) develop increasing competence in the areas of assessment, reporting and evaluation procedures for Stage 6 learning;
6) demonstrate an understanding of teaching practices that fosters lifelong learning;
|Content||Curriculum overview of Stage 6 senior school studies.|
Programming for Stage 6 - 2 Unit PDHPE.
Stage 6 assessment requirements.
Programming and assessment design for Stage 6 Community and Family Studies course.
Programming and Assessment for Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation courses.
Programming and implementation of the Crossroads/PDHPE 25 hour compulsory senior course.
Programming and assessment of other Stage 6 HPE related courses including Life Skills/Special Education requirements.
Effective principles and practices of teaching and learning for senior school studies.
Critical reflection of state, national and global senior studies.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC3203|