This is a professional experience course that contains a 4 week placement in an out of area school.
This course will introduce students to approaches for designing Integrated Curriculum, which they will implement using multi-level pedagogies during a full time 20 day block of professional experience in a Primary school setting. During their professional experience opportunity, students will attempt to demonstrate their attainment of Graduate Teacher Standards, and have an opportunity to engage in the full life of the school including student sport, playground supervision, faculty/grade/stage meetings and school activities and functions, as required.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Semester 2 - 2016.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Implement an integrated unit of work.
2. Engage in critical reflection on their professional practice.
3. Demonstrate their attainment of graduate teacher standards.
4. Teach using a range of multi-level pedagogies.
5. Engage in the full life of school including student sport, playground supervision, faculty/grade/stage meetings and school activities and functions.
- Approaches to Integrating Curriculum.
- Multi-Level Pedagogies.
- Frameworks for Reflective Practice.
- Graduate Teacher Standards.
- Group Learning
Student must have completed EDUC2185 and be enrolled in either the B Teaching (Primary)/B Arts program or the B Teaching (Primary)/B Early Childhood Studies program.
Students must have successfully completed 180 units to enrol in this course.
180 units of study include EDUC2185, EDUC1738, EDUC2747, while EDUC3739 and EDUC3745 should be undertaken concurrently or previously.
Portfolio: Teaching Portfolio Part A - Integrated Unit Planning
Portfolio: Teaching Portfolio Part B - Professional Reflection
Professional Task: A3 - Professional Experience Report *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Lecture: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions.
- Tutorial: Attendance Requirement - Students must attend a minimum number of these sessions.
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Professional Task: Pass Requirement - Students must pass this assessment item to pass the course.
- Anaphylaxis Training - Students must complete approved anaphylaxis training.
- Child Protection Awareness Training - Students must complete approved child protection awareness training.
- Working with Children - A national criminal history check and review of findings of misconduct involving children, required for any child-related work.