This course focuses on lifetime physical activity participation and will include: Fitness and exercise activity instruction, athletics, recreation and outdoor activities and aquatics.
- Semester 1 - 2018
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skill competencies relating to a range of lifetime physical activities;
2. Gain knowledge and understanding of effective teaching and coaching principles/strategies to correct and extend performances in a variety of activity mediums;
3. Demonstrate an ability to analyse fitness activities, exercise programs and sports using exercise science and fitness principles;
4. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of promoting a variety of activities to adolescents in a school and community setting;
5. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of risk assessment and the safety and legal issues regarding school-aged participation in a variety of activities.
This course focuses on lifetime physical activity participation and includes both theory and practical participation across four strands of learning being;
Fitness and exercise/activity instruction;Athletics (Track and Field events); Aquatics (focusing on the secondary school setting)Outdoor Education recreational activities.
This course integrates lifetime physical activity and recreation utilizing community facilities and recreational activities (including a compulsory outdoor education camp experience) with a focus on teaching and instruction of secondary school settings for lifetime recreational pursuits. Students will also learn to analyse and manage risk assessment for sport and physical activity in a variety of settings.
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Teaching, Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood and Primary) (Honours), Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) (Honours) programs.
Written Assignment: Emergency Care Component
Formal Examination: Examination
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks