PE Studies 5 - Lifetime Physical Activities
Available in 2012
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2013, 2011, 2010
This course focuses on lifetime physical activity participation and will include: Fitness and exercise activity instruction, athletics, recreation and outdoor activities and aquatics.
Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:
- demonstrate skill competencies relating to a range of lifetime physical activities;
- effectively apply teaching and coaching principles / strategies to correct and extend performances in each activity;
- demonstrate an ability to analyse fitness activities, exercise programs and sports using exercise science and fitness principles;
- demonstrate an understanding of the safety and legal issues regarding school-aged participation in these activities.
This course focuses on lifetime physical activity participation and will include:
- Fitness and exercise activity instruction
- Recreation and outdoor activities
EDUC 2058 - PE Studies 4 (Motor Learning will now be covered in PE studies 1 and Sports Psychology will be covered in PE Studies 6).
Transitional Arrangements will be managed on a case by case basis according to the needs of the student.
Modes of Delivery
Integrated Learning: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
Integrated Learning: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks