Teaching and Learning in TAS 3
|Course code EDUC3031||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course will develop students' pedagogical understanding of programming and evaluation procedures suitable for use at the secondary school level. Students will examine Technology Education stage 5 elective syllabus Using the knowledge of programming and evaluation introduced in this course, they will consider the rationale, content choice and assessment regimes suitable for a particular syllabus. They will gather resources that will help them to teach Technology Education at the secondary school level.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will have:|
1. extended their understanding of secondary school Technology Education stage 5 elective syllabi;
2. examined appropriate teaching strategies for use with stage 5 Technology Education syllabus;
3. researched resources to support the syllabus;
4. designed assessment tasks that formally and informally assess student progress;
5. programed, assessed and evaluated strategies and procedures suitable for pupils studying the stage 5 Technology Education elective syllabus.
|Content||There will be a series of weekly lectures examining a broad array of evaluation and programming approaches suitable for use with pupils at the secondary school level. The lectures will examine general bases for these approaches and criteria for teacher decisions regarding their effective use.|
The tutorials will cover specific programming and evaluation approaches for Technology and Applied Sciences classes.
|Replacing Course(s)||EDUC3143 (5 units)|
|Transition||Students who fail EDUC3143 or EDUC3143 who have yet to complete either course may undertake EDUC3031 instead.|
|Assumed Knowledge||EDUC1005 (Professional Preparation 1A), EDUC1006 (Professional Preparation 1B), EDUC2005 (Teaching and Learning in D&T 1), EDUC2053 (T&L in D&T 2)|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 10 weeks|
Tutorial: for 3 hour(s) per Week for 10 weeks