|Course code EDUC3026||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course introduces students to issues, policies and practices relating to the provision of effective inclusive education that meets the diverse learning needs of all students, including those with disabilities and difficulties in learning. During the course students will develop the skills required for collaborating with families and other professionals, for assessing and monitoring student learning, and for making reasonable adjustments so that all students have access to learning.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:|
1. identify and discuss issues, attitudes and concepts relevant to the education of students with diverse needs within the social context of the school;
2. demonstrate knowledge of legislation, educational policies and provisions as well as syllabus documents relating to students with diverse needs including those with a disability;
3. utilise a range of teaching and learning practices designed to maximise the social and learning experiences of students with diverse needs in primary and secondary settings; and
4. develop understanding of the role of families in supporting a child with a disability and the role of the teacher as a collaborative participant in developing effective educational programs.
|Content||* Diverse needs and inclusive practices|
* Legislation, policy and educational services in NSW schools.
* Planning effective teaching strategies
* Implementing reasonable adjustments to meet specific learning needs
* Understanding learning difficulties
* Developing literacy and numeracy skills- Using assessment and monitoring procedures for responsive decision making
* Development of skills for collaborating with families and other professionals
* Encouraging positive interactions
* Resources to support inclusion
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of 160 units of study in the undergraduate teacher education program.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 24 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC3026|