K-6 Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
|Course code EDUC2747||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
In this course students will explore the content and organisation of the NSW K-6 PDHPE curriculum; examine the knowledge base underpinning the principles and practices of teaching and learning in PDHPE; teaching strategies and resources for programming, teaching and assessing primary PDHPE; the role and value of PDHPE; the place of PDHPE in the K-12 PDHPE continuum (particularly the links between Stage 3 and 4); the literacy and numeracy demands of PDHPE curriculum; and ways of differentiating curriculum to meet the diverse needs of learners.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:|
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices of teaching and learning K-6 PDHPE.
2. Discuss the role and value of PDHPE in the broader school curriculum, and its place in the K-12 PDHPE continuum (particularly the links between Stage 3 and 4).
3. Navigate the content, structure and organisation of the NSW K-6 PDHPE curriculum.
4. Demonstrate appropriate teaching strategies for PDHPE.
5. Understand the literacy and numeracy demands of PDHPE.
6. Differentiate curriculum to meet the diverse literacy needs of learners.
|Content||The course will cover: |
1. PDHPE in Context - the role and value of PDHPE in primary schools;
2. Strategies for lesson planning, assessment and reporting in PDHPE; to meet diverse needs;
3. The role of the classroom teacher and health promotion;
4. Understanding, implementing and critiquing current initiatives and issues in K-6 PDHPE;
5. Use of best practice teaching and learning strategies for PDHPE;
6. Ensuring safe practices and protocols for PDHPE.
|Assumed Knowledge||EDUC1048, EDUC1050, PUBH1030|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC2747|