Students will develop skills in dance and movement performance and composition. They will gain an understanding of methods of integrating movement and dance with other creative arts activities and with other areas of the primary curriculum.
Availability2017 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2017
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. The elements of dance to perform and compose movement pieces;
2. Design movement activities for primary children focusing on body awareness and body activities in creative and set dance forms;
3. Integrate movement and dance activities with creative arts and other key learning areas;
4. Conduct movement and dance activities within the framework of safe dance practices.
- Body Awareness Activities
- Set and Directed dance activities
- Elements of movement and dance
- Safe dance practices
- Creative movement and dance composition
- Programming with movement and dance
To enrol in this course, students must meet the teacher education admission milestones, if commencing a teaching program from commencement of 2016.
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of - Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or - 80 units of UoN courses or - BOSTES approved comparable pathways or - Commencement in the program pre 2016
Written Assignment: Teaching Resource
Proposal / Plan: Unit Plan
Practical Demonstration: Group Choreography, Performance & Teaching
Callaghan and Ourimbah
Face to Face On Campus 12 hour(s) per Term
Face to Face On Campus 24 hour(s) per Term