Primary Kinetics 1
|Course code EDUC2514||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This elective course examines the programming of Team Sports in the Primary K-6 curriculum. Effective coaching strategies will be examined to enhance student performance.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to demonstrate:|
- skill competency relating to a range of team sports
- an understanding of the safety issues affecting primary-aged participation in specific sports
- effective application of coaching principles to correct and extend sports performances
- familiarisation with rules and tactics related to various sports
- an ability to analyse sports using biomechanical principles.
|Content||Major activities may comprise:|
- skills, tactics and safety techniques related to a range of approved sports programmed in NSW primary schools.
|Assumed Knowledge||PUBH2000 (BEHM2000)|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks|
Practical: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 12 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EDUC2514|