Specialist Studies in Technology 2
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011
This course explores planning, programming, assessment and pedagogical strategies for teaching the Jewellery and Industrial Design options of the Product Design strand of the Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus in NSW. This course will also focus on skill development within the area of Jewellery and Industrial Product Design, appropriate for the teaching of Jewellery-making, Timer and Metal technologies. It also aims to deepen students understanding of WHS requirements related to the teaching of technologies in schools.
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will have the capacity to:
1. design challenging, engaging, and supportive project-based learning units for teaching the Jewellery and Industrial Product Design components of the Years 7-8 Technology Mandatory syllabus and Years 7-10 Technology elective options;
2. utilise appropriate pedagogies and assessment practices for teaching Jewellery and Industrial Product Design;
3. understand the relationship between the Years 7-8 Technology Mandatory curriculum area, and the Years 7-10 Technology elective options; and
4. demonstrate competent use of Jewellery-making, Timber and Metal Technologies;
5. participate in practical experiences using timber and or metal and or jewellery making with an Occupational Health and Safety focus; and
6. design and manufacture products and a folio containing WHS rules, and procedural worksheets for skills demonstrated.
|Content||This course will cover:
* Jewellery-making, Timber, and Metal Technologies.
* The 7-8 Technology Mandatory Syllabus, its relationship to 7-10 Technology elective options.
* Lesson and unit planning for Jewellery and Industrial Product Design.
* Pedagogical strategies and assessment practices for teaching Jewellery and Industrial Product Design.
* WHS Rules and Requirements for working in Technology classrooms and workshops.
|Transition||Students who have completed both EDUC4067 prior to the end of 2009 will be deemed to have completed EDUC2245.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Students should have completed EDUC2101 and EDUC2145. It is expected that in EDUC2101 they would have enrolled in the Design and Technology tutorial.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EDUC2245|