Specialist Studies in Technology 1
|Course code EDUC2145||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course explores planning, programming, assessment and pedagogical strategies for teaching the Food and Fashion options of the Product Design strand of the Stage 4 Technology Mandatory Syllabus in NSW. This course will also focus on skill development within the area of Food and Fashion Product Design, appropriate for the teaching of Food and Textiles technologies. It also aims to deepen students understanding of Design, the Design Process, and Stage 5 Design and Technology.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students will have the capacity to:|
1. design challenging, engaging, and supportive project-based learning units for teaching the Food and Fashion Product Design components of the Years 7-8 Technology Mandatory syllabus;
2. Utilise appropriate pedagogies and assessment practices for teaching Food and Fashion Product Design;
3. Understand the relationship between the Technology Mandatory curriculum area, and other technology curriculum areas such as Stage 5 Design and Technology;
4. Demonstrate competent use of Food and Textile Technologies; and
5. Discuss the role of designers in the design process.
|Content||This course will cover:|
* Designers, the Design Process, and Design Folios.
* Food and Textile Technologies.
* The Product Design strand of the 7-8 Technology Mandatory Syllabus, its relationship to other Technology syllabi, and place in the Technology Education continuum.
* Stage 5 Design and Technology syllabus.
* Lesson and unit planning for Food and Textile Product Design.
* Pedagogical strategies and assessment practices for teaching Food and Textile Product Design.
|Replacing Course(s)||EDUC3036 & EDUC3037|
|Transition||Students who have completed both EDUC3036 and EDUC3037 prior to the end of 2009 will be deemed to have completed EDUC2145.|
|Assumed Knowledge||Students should have completed EDUC2101. It is expected that in EDUC2101 they would have enrolled in the Design and Technology tutorial.|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 9 weeks
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for EDUC2145|