EC Professional Preparation 2
|Course code EDUC2100||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
In this course, students explore theoretical and practical approaches to promoting positive behaviour in young children and to programming for children in early childhood settings.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
1. Demonstrate understanding of the complex issues relating to programming, planning and assessment in early childhood contexts.
2. Demonstrate understanding of the complex issues relating to guiding positive learning behaviour in early childhood contexts.
3. Work collaboratively as well as independently toward completion of assessment tasks.
4. Develop skills in collaboration with others.
1. Legal, policy adn ethical framworks.
2. An ecological model of learning.
3. Approaches to programming, planning and assessment for children in early childhood services and the first years of school.
4. Approaches to promoting young children's positive behaviour.
5. Skills in programming and promoting positive behaviour.
|Transition||Students who fail EDUC2011 and/or EDUC2040 will enrol in this new course and receive credit for that part of the course they have passed.|
|Assumed Knowledge||EDUC1005, EDUC1006, EDUC2001, EDUC2002|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Field Study|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks|
Field Study: for 4 hour(s) per Week for 4 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term