Specialist Studies in Science 1
|Course code EDUC2052||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course will develop students' pedagogical understanding of a variety of teaching strategies suitable for use at the secondary school level. Students will investigate these strategies with reference to current Science syllabi. They will consider the rationale of the syllabi and use knowledge of a variety of teaching strategies introduced in this course to develop suitable lesson and unit plans that draw on their own discipline minor, and gather resources that will help them to teach that minor in Stage-appropriate ways
that are consistent with quality teaching.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to:|
1. articulate the role and value of Science education in contemporary society and the broader school curriculum;
2. develop science lesson plans and programs for their discipline minor at the Stage 4/5 level of the 7-12 curriculum;
3. support the literacy and numeracy demands of their discipline minor as an area of study; and
4. use a range of strategies, technologies and resources for teaching their discipline minor.
|Content||* The principles and practices of teaching and learning Science in secondary schools. |
* The role and value of Science education in contemporary society and the broader school curriculum.
* Lesson planning and programming for the Stage 4/5 Science curriculum.
* Strategies, technologies and resources for teaching Stage 4/5 Science.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 8 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EDUC2052|