Technology Teaching Studies 2
|Course code EDUC2008||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of analysing a design brief and implementing and exploring design solutions within a secondary school context. Through a critical analysis of the 7-10 Design & Technology syllabus students will acquire understandings across the range of contexts areas nominated in the syllabus. Students will explore their own design and making skills, then apply these understandings to develop learning experiences appropriate for school contexts.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||On satisfactory completion of this course students should be able to:|
* Extend their understandings of the responsibilities and obligations of belonging to the profession of teaching;
*apply a range of design process strategies and solutions to the contexts areas nominated in the 7-10 Design & Technology syllabus;
* critically analyse the cognitive learning and skills acquisition required by students across a range of design tasks,technologies and materials;
* observe the implementaion of the Design & Technology syllabus in schools;
* explore the role of computer technology in the junior Design & Technology classroom.
* extend their understandings of the application of technology within the Design & Technology classroom.
* design practical learning environments that facilitate problem based learning and comply with OH&S requirements;
* plan practical design learning experiences
|Content||1. Analysis of the 7-10 Design & Technology syllabus.|
2. Computers in the Design & Technology Classroom.
3. Design Process in the school context.
4. Applying design skills across a range of identified syllabus context areas.
5. Cognitive learning and skills acquisition required in design situations.
6. Implementation of Design and Technology in the secondary context.
7. Role of visual communication in documenting design process.
8. OH&S issues in the Design & technology classroom
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term