Knowledge and Communication Technologies
Available in 2013
|Callaghan Campus||Semester 1, Semester 2, Trimester 1, Trimester 2, Trimester 3|
|Ourimbah||Semester 2, Trimester 2|
|Port Macquarie Nth Coast Inst||Semester 2|
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010
In this course students will explore the ways in which new technologies can be used to support and extend student learning. Through project-based tasks students will develop the capacity and confidence to employ digital devices and software applications to construct and communicate new knowledge in and beyond the classroom. Attention will also be given to the social impact of technology; frameworks for thinking about the pedagogical use of new technologies; digital, visual and media literacy; and information literacy processes.
|Objectives||Upon completion of this course, students will have the capacity to:
1) Relate relevant pedagogical frameworks and curriculum models to classroom use of new technologies.
2) Use technology as a tool to facilitate quality teaching and learning.
3) Construct and communicate new knowledge using digital devices and software applications.
4) Display an understanding of critical, digital, visual, media, and information literacy.
5) Demonstrate a capacity to work collaboratively on a technology-focused project-based learning task.
6) Explain the social impact of new technologies.
|Content||This course will address:
* Frameworks for the pedagogical use of new technologies.
* The role of technology in knowledge construction and communication.
* Digital, visual and media literacy concepts and principles.
* The information literacy process.
* The design process and project-based learning of new technologies.
* Evaluation of new technologies and their social impact.
* Practical skill development with digital technologies.
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning
Self Directed Learning
|Contact Hours||Self Directed Learning: for 6 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Lecture: for 10 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Tutorial: for 18 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EDUC1751|