Professional Preparation 1B
|Course code EDUC1006||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
This course provides students with the foundational knowledge and skills about teaching that they will need in order to become a specialist teacher in Early Childhood, Primary or a Secondary vocational specialisation. It emphasises the need for all teachers to focus on Quality Teaching, to maximise the achievement of education outcomes for all students. The course promotes reflective teaching practice that supports high levels of intellectual quality; establishes a high quality learning environment and generates significance for learners.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||To complete this subject successfully, students will need to demonstrate that they are able to:|
1. Synthesise a broad research base to deepen their understandings of the foundations of effective teaching.
2. Explain how the principles of Quality Teaching can be embedded in clasroom practice to promote effective teaching.
3. Plan and deliver a lesson that supports high levels of intellectual quality; establishes a high quality learning environment and generates significance for learners.
4. Critically evaluate teaching and learning experiences based on their understanding of Quality Teaching and effective teaching practice.
5.Reflect critically on their own learning strategies and on the teaching strategies of themselves and others.
|Content||* Research base for effective teaching|
* Quality Teaching
* Promoting Intellectual quality
* Creating quality learning environments
* Making learning meaningful and important
* Outcomes-based education
* Planning for teaching
* Coding classroom practice
* Reflective teaching
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
Experience Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 7 weeks|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term