Technology Teaching Studies 1B
|Course code EDUC1002||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
Explores graphical aspects of various TAS School Certificate Syllabus, document including the Design & Technology 7-10 syllabus. The course will include students practical involvement, a number of graphical problems which involve the use of Computer Aided Technology as a visual communication tool.
Not available in 2014
|Previously offered in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004|
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students should have:|
* Designed and constructed 2D and 3D CAD drawings to the standards and standards dictated in the appropriate TAS syllabus documents;
* Develop an appreciation of CAD as a drawing and design tool;
* Participated in the devlopment of 2D and 3D CAD projects of a suitable standard;
* Developed a CAD portfolio;
* Documented the teaching processes involved in the facilitation of 2D and 3D CAD in the design process;
* Demonstrated and explained 'how to' design using 2D and 3D CAD;
* Developed skills in planning and implementing computerised drawing in the TAS KLA;
*Familiarised themseves with the Rationale and Aims of various TAS syllabus documents.
|Content||1. Critical analysis of the content of the Design and Technology syllabus and other appropriate syllabus documents to identify the range and nature of outcomes related to drawing and the application of technological tools.|
2. The role of technology in the classroom as it applies to the TAS KLA.
3. Development of skills related to the drawing of 2D and 3D CAD projects.
4. Critical analysis of current software as appropriate for the teaching of CAD across a range of school contexts.
5. Developing a CAD portfolio.
6. Pedagogical knowledge and skills related to the teaching of CAD across a range of secondary classroom contexts.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term