Technology Teaching Studies 1A
|Course code EDUC1001||Units 10||Level 1000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Education|
Explores graphical aspects of the Design & Technology 7-10 syllabus and the related syllabi. Students will be expected to achieve levels of competency across the wide range of graphical drawing techniques. The course will involve all students completing practical involvement in a number of extended graphical problems. Seminars based on elements of the syllabus will be prepared and presented by the students in consultantion with the lecturer, in order to explore the teacher responsibilities involved in facilitating the syllabus outcomes.
Not available in 2015
|Objectives||At the completion of this course students should be able to:|
* design and construct graphical problems to the standard dictated in the Design and Technology 7-10 syllabus;
* participate in the development of design solutions incorporated in projects of a suitable standard;
* develop a graphical portfolio;
* document the teaching processes involved in facilitiating graphics in design processes;
* present seminars on aspects of design in the Design & Technology syllabus 7-10;
* demonstrate and expain 'how to' design;
* develop skills in planning and implementing technical demonstrations;
* familiarise themselves with the Rationale and Aims of the Design & Technology syllabus
|Content||1. A critical analysis of the Design and Technology syllabus for:|
* graphics related outcomes
* the identification of how graphics is an integral component of the design process;
* how graphics informs content and design processes;
* graphics as communication/ presentation
2. Skills across a range of graphics / visual communication styles related to function. Perspective drawing, specifications drawing, presentation graphics and communication/ concept drawing.
3. Pedagogical skills related to the teaching of graphics in the junior classroom and the facilitation of drawing as an important communication tool.
4. Developing a graphics portfolio.
5. Developing design solutions that incorporate the acquisition of graphics/ drawing skills.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term