Not available in 2013
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Consolidates students' previously acquired understandings of the principles and practices of teaching and learning in their first teaching subject. It focuses on extending students' knowledge and skills in advanced strategies appropriate for senior secondary classrooms and the implementation of mandatory requirements in the context of the high stakes HSC examinations.
|Objectives||As a result of participating in this course, students will be expected to display:
1. Understanding of content, structure and mandatory curriculum requirements relating to the students first teaching subject;
2. Understanding of outcomes and competencies as they apply to the first teaching subject;
3. Capacity to select appropriate teaching strategies and resources for senior secondary syllabus in English;
5. Capacity to develop, select and evaluate effective and appropriate assessment tools and techniques in English;
6. Understanding of ethical and practical issues relating to HSC;
7. Understanding of program evaluation procedures.
|Content||* Planning and programming for Preliminary and HSC courses;
* Assessment policies, processes and practices.
|Assumed Knowledge||Secondary Teaching Method 1
Secondary Teaching Method 2
Field Experience 2
Field Experience 3
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term