Creative Arts Production for the Primary School
Available in 2013
Previously offered in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Creative Arts Production for the Primary School provides students with a knowledge of the elements of Dance, Visual Arts, Drama and Music that are commonly seen in primary school productions. The course explores some of the difficulties associated with primary school productions and evaluates the final products of some student efforts in production.
|Objectives||This course will provide students with the opportunities to develop and demonstrate:
1. An understanding of Visual Arts, Dance, Drama and Music as means of expression.
2. A knowledge of the processes involved in integrating the four art forms for a Creative Arts production
3. The exploration of various Creative Arts projects and their significance in the Primary School and the community
4. The choice of a Creative Arts project to plan and implement for the Primary School
5. The discovery and learning of skills to guide Primary School students in their Creative Arts making
6. Ways of making Creative Arts productions more challenging, interesting and engaging.
|Content||1. Description of how the four Creative Arts forms can be seen in Primary school productions
2. Analysis of the processes involved in integrating the four Creative Arts forms into a Primary Production
3. Creation of a Primary Creative Arts production that incorporates elements of all four arts forms
4. Exploration of appropriate techniques to ensure the creation of Challenging, interesting and engaging Creative Arts production.
5.Evaluation of student devised Creative Arts productions.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
|Timetables||2013 Course Timetables for EDST2080|