Not available in 2012
Previously offered in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Professional Experience 2 is the second in a series of field experiences that allow the student to start to practice and reflect on their teaching. Students will have the opportunity to plan, teach and evaluate lessons within the context of their specialisation.
As a result of participating in this subject students will be expected to demonstrate:
1. reflection on practice;
2. selection of relevant content and appropriate strategies;
3. adaption to existing classroom routines and management;
4. communication with students, staff and parents using appropriate standards of literacy; and
5. performance of the role of the teacher in the context of the centre/school, the system and the community.
1. Evaluation of own and teacher performance;
2. Integration of content and strategies;
3. Planning, implementing, evaluating appropriate lessons/sequence of lessons
4. Routines and management strategies;
5. Written evidence of teaching intent;
6. Explanation and demonstration of skills in the classroom
Professional Experience 1 or equivalent.
Modes of Delivery
Lecture: for 6 hour(s) per Term for Full Term
Practicum: for 105 hour(s) per Term for Full Term