Strategic Business Systems
Investigates the role of information and use of technology within an organisation from a management perspective. Topics include the links between information, technology and organisational structure, and strategic and operational planning for ICT.
Not currently available.
This Course was last offered in Trimester 2 - 2015 (Singapore).
1. Appreciate the interrelationship between organisational structure and the nature and use of information systems
2. Have strategies to help management deal with change in information technologies
3. Be familiar with Information System management practices and issues
4. Be able to research and summarise issues in business-related aspects of information technologies
Investigates the use of technology and information systems within an organisation from a management perspective.
- The changing role of IT in Business, from efficiency to effectiveness to paradigm shifts.
- Strategic Use of Information Resources
- ICT to make Business Efficient (Transaction Processing, TQM, BPR, MRP)
- Utilisng Information, Data Warehousing & Management Reporting Information Systems Strategy
- The MIS organisation
- ICT changing organisations (outsourcing, strategic alliances, outsourcing/insourcing)
This course has similarities to EBUS3050. If you have successfully completed EBUS3050 you cannot enrol in this course.
This course requires proficiency in understanding and expressing complex concepts at tertiary level. High levels of academic English are required. Students who have not undertaken at least 40 units of 2000/3000 level courses on campus at The University of Newcastle at Callaghan, Ourimbah or Singapore are advised to consult with the Course Co-ordinator before enrolling.
Essay: Essay - ICT Delivering Competitive Advantage?
Case Study / Problem Based Learning: Case Study - Social Networking
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Group/Tutorial Participation & Report
Formal Examination: Final Examination
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lectures and Tutorials will be delivered in block mode of approximately 6 weeks for part-time students at UoN Singapore. Total number of contact hours is equivalent across all campus deliveries.
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term