Information and Communication in Business
|Course code EBUS2000||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Introduces information and communication technologies (ICTs) that are used to support organisations, and discusses how they are used:
- within organisations
- to streamline interactions between organisations
- to compete in an increasingly connected and competitive world.
Provides practical experience in using a selection of ICT applications that support business.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:|
1. describe current information and communication technologies, how they are selected and developed, and how they are used by organisations to produce goods and services, and to cooperate and/or compete with other organisations;
2. use a selection of software that supports business and personal productivity;
3. critically evaluate, individually and in teams, possible application of ICT systems in a particular small business, and create some of those systems.
|Content||1. The role of information and communication technologies in information, knowledge, and operations management, in supply chain management, in decision support and in pursuing competitive advantage in business.|
2. Information and communication technologies, including the use of a selection of relevant software.
3. Planning, designing and implementing business systems.
4. Information risks: privacy, security and ICT-related crime.
|Replacing Course(s)||EBUS2000 replaces EBUS1010 and BUSN1900.|
|Transition||EBUS2000 replaces EBUS1010 and BUSN1900. Students who have passed EBUS1010 or BUSN1900 cannot count EBUS2000 for credit. Students who have failed EBUS1010 or BUSN1900 should enrol in EBUS2000.|
Students who have passed INFO1010 prior to 2003 cannot count EBUS2000 for credit.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EBUS2000|